top of page

Escaping the Challenges of Wedding Planning

Wedding Planning with Crystal Ballroom

Congratulations! You are engaged and falling into all the exciting challenges of planning your wedding. As you stumble into the process with every magazine, blog and resource at hand, you might discover that wedding planning is not that easy, especially when it is your own wedding. Why is it so challenging to plan a wedding? These tips and ideas will shed some light on the challenges of wedding planning and help you simplify the process.

While it should be simple to plan with the support of those you love, it is surprisingly not simple at all. Wedding planning is a multifaceted event that requires one uniform vision and the collaboration of an entire team that clicks together like the gears in a clock. Beyond a never ending checklist of things which must occur on a specific timeline and within a narrow budget, exists a world of opinion, conflict, indecisiveness, time and Murphy’s law.

The Crystal Ballroom

This or That?

Wedding planning is loaded with questions to figure out. Do you wear the blue heels or white? Which dress silhouette will look best on you and at your chosen venue? Which color palette will match your theme? Should you light a unity candle or have a sand ceremony? Should you have a church wedding, beach wedding or ceremony and reception in a ballroom? And how do you decide with 20 others arguing over the reception dinner and the dress you know you want? Maybe you can close your eyes and envision the perfect dress, the magical venue and an elegant cake that towers to the chandeliers above. Sometimes we know every detail of the wedding we want. However, knowing the where, when and how is easier said than done.

Wedding Planning

The Luxury of a Wedding Planner

Having a wedding planner is definitely a luxury. Imagine having a personal assistant design the entire event of your dreams, and every detail is planned, coordinated and managed for you. Every contract would be reviewed and negotiated for you. Every appointment would be set. When family members argue over the details and overstep their boundaries, the wedding planner would take over. A wedding planner is a luxury experience that is only experienced by about 20 percent of couples. That leaves about 80% of us without that personal assistant at our side. Is there an easy way to plan a wedding without a wedding planner?

Receptions at The Crystal Ballroom

The Wedding Venue

Booking the wedding venue is at the top of the wedding planning list for good reason. You must book your wedding venue before you can plan many of the details of your wedding day, such as the wedding colors and flowers. Before you book a wedding venue, there is a lot to consider. You need to decide on location and the type of experience you want to create.

Solving the Wedding Planning Conundrum

An all-inclusive wedding venue with an in-house design team can help you imagine, design and create the wedding of your dreams without the stress. No need to stress about how to set the tables, design the space or the cost of doing so with an all-inclusive wedding venue. It is an opportunity to meet with professional designers and coordinators, and to plan your entire ceremony and reception at a fraction of the cost. Most wedding venues have a network of preferred vendors to build your entire wedding team. This makes wedding planning an effortless journey.

Wedding Planning Without a Planner

You might wonder who will coordinate your wedding day, if you do not employ a wedding planner. A day of event coordinator is something very different from wedding planning with a planner, and even if you hire a wedding planner, you will want a day of event coordinator to achieve a successful outcome. A day of event coordinator will oversee the actual wedding day to make sure every piece is in place. A day of event coordinator usually meets and rehearses with you to review your timeline, and will arrive early on the day of your event to receive your guests, put everything in place and make sure your vision for your special day is met without mishaps.

Ceremony at the Crystal Ballroom

The Crystal Ballroom

The Crystal Ballroom is an all-inclusive wedding venue with an in-house design team and professionals to create the wedding of your dreams. Meet inside of the design studio and effortlessly plan all of the details of your wedding day, from the rose petals on your aisle to the centerpieces on your tables. All of the furnishings, décor and services are included to create your fairy tale wedding. Work with the in-house day of event coordinators and guarantee a flawless event. Contact the wedding professionals to begin your wedding planning journey.


We invite you to discover the
Crystal Ballroom difference found in the unparalleled elegance and uniqueness written into the design of each of our venues. The themes are as limitless as your imagination.

bottom of page